
Starting out on our trek

At the first set of huts with our Ranger, Michael.




The second set of huts.

Rachel and I at the lower peak with our guide, Philip.

Rachel and I on Little Meru. We weren't quite ready for that one.

The sun rising over Kilimanjaro. I wish I could have
taken a picture of the stars before the sun rose. It was amazing.

At the Peak. It was hard to get a good picture because the sun was rising directly behind us.



Kilimanjaro peaking through the clouds .

Meru's impressive ash cone.

We walked through several different ecosystems on our
way up the mountain, from lush forest to dry scrub.

It was amazing to walk right past giraffe in the wild.
3 comments:
WOW!!! I am very envious of that amazing trip! I have always dreamed of seeing Mt. Kilimanjaro as well as elephants and giraffes in the wild. Although, I wouldn't have missed the 12 hours of hiking in one day :). Keep the pictures coming! I love them!
These pictures are gorgeous! Aileen sent me the link. I just learned that I'm going to be on a Fulbright in Tanzania and am excited to know that there's another UPS person there.
Wow, the pictures are AMAZING!! Sounds lime an amazing hike/ experience. So awesome. I cant believe how close you were to the wildlife!! I agree with dre, keep the pix a comin!!
Post a Comment